Google Translate for Excel
This Add-in adds a Custom Function in your Excel® along with other built in functions which will help you easily translate text of strings from one language to other.
Google™ Translate for Excel® -
The function is very easy to use, and is used as any other Excel® function. There is a help file also available with this addin which details the various Languages that ca be converted using this add-in and the respective language codes.
This Add-in uses the Google Translate™ translation service API for translation.
New Version released in July 2014 v18.104.22.168 Read Release Notes.
New Version released in May 2013 v7.0 (Now Translate with BING API as well) Read Release Notes.
Adds a new function "Translate"
What is this software?
This software will create an Excel function for you to use to translate text in Excel using Google Translate API
How do you access the function?
The function is called "Translate", you should see that in the function menu in Excel. Or you can simply type this in any cell as you will do with any other function.
What are the arguments of the function?
This function takes 3 arguments/parameters. Your Google API Key, the text you wish to translate, and the target language.
How do I get Google API to use?
It is very easy to get google API code. Read the documentation at the link below which describes the step by step process of getting API Keys from both Microsoft and Google.
Does Google charge me for translations?
Yes, initially there was no charge for the translations. But Google started charging for the translations in applications last year.
How much is the cost?
Please see Google's pricing below.
Its very reasonable. Like $20 for 1 Million Characters
What's new in V6.1 of this software?
Autodetect source language and ability to add your own API key.
New features in v6.0
1) Automatic lifetime updates
2) Store API in your computer
3) Only 2 arguments in this function
4) Translate bug fixes around special characters like %, ", ' etc
5) Now use Bing as well for translations. Unlike Google Microsoft does not charge for the usage of translation API.
6) Now Translate Full Workbook, Active sheet with one Click and Save Your formulas
See the new video demonstration below.
1) Add a new function to be able to simply identify a language in the cell - Now available
2) Add option to use Bing translate (which is free up to 2 Million Characters per Month) Now available
3) Automatic updates Now available
4) Store API in your computer and make the function use only 2 arguments, text to translate and the required language.
All updates are free for existing customers for lifetime.
24 * 7 email support, phone support also available if required.
Installation Instructions :
1) Extract the files to your selected location
2) Run setup.exe
Works with Microsoft® Excel® 97, 2000, 2002, XP, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013
$39 PR0MOTION PRICE FOR A SHORT TIME. This includes Life time License with unlimited 24 by 7 email and phone support .
And you also get 50% discount on 'Google Translate for Microsoft Word documents' product.